Thursday, April 21, 2011

Breaking Barriers

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin to Pooh


In order to achieve something we've never had we must be willing to do something we've never done.  I have been hitting new pace's in my races and targeting new distances in my long runs.  I have been improving in my speed work slightly week to week but last week I finished feeling like I knew that I was capable of more.  I had to remember that, yes, my legs and body are capable but I need to tell my mind that it's capable! 


Have you been breaking barriers in your training or in any other part of  your life?

Today was awesome, I destroyed barriers that my mind had set in front of me, both in the pool and on the track.  What a great feeling of confidence and accomplishment this gave me. Every new stride and every increase in a workout brings the Augusta 70.3 closer and closer to reality.  The anticipation is building and I am so excited to get tri season underway!  Break down new walls, set new PRs and hopefully place (win!) in my age group at a couple races. The schedule still needs to be completed for July and August, but I am confident that challenging, competitive, exciting races shall be added.


What race are you most looking forward to this season?

New wetsuit and a scary face!
Don't let your mind hold you back from pushing harder in your training.  Remember you are stronger than you seem!  Sometimes it takes another person running or swimming in the lane next to us to bring out out competitive edge and push the pace.  As my swim and run have been improving I really want to start improving my cycling - this is probably where my biggest mental block is.  I do not like riding into the wind, at all.  


Do you have any bike workouts or ideas to push yourself on the bike?




No comments:

Post a Comment