Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Augusta 70.3 Bound

This Sunday will be my 3rd time racing at Augusta 70.3.  It will also be the biggest field for a 1/2 Ironman, ever.  I've had my eye on this race since the beginning of the season.  I'm definitely looking forward to a smooth downriver swim.  This course is a PR type of course, but it can be a long day out there for anyone if things don't fall into place.

I'm in full taper mode now - sleep if more important than miles, making sure my muscles feel good with some massage and dry needling, and keeping the engine running with some good eats.  Based on my previous 1/2 iron performances this year and prior results at Augusta I've set the bar high for this race.  I'd be lying if I said I'm not nervous, but I really am more excited to see what I can do and most likely end the season with a great race and great weekend in Augusta (potentially a sprint in October)! 
Favorite swim start!

The week leading up to the race has been a bit hectic - I moved across town, I'm working a long day on Thursday so I can work 7-11 on Friday and then spend the better of the day in the car.  At least I'll have good company and good tunes and a great race to look forward to. 

Feel free to follow me at ironmanlive.com, bib #3157, race start time of 9:12am.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck and enjoy Hols! Sounds like a great time! Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo! Go Holli! Have a great race! Get some pecan pie afterward.

    ReplyDelete