Friday, August 24, 2012

Follow Me to Louisville

I've made it Louisville and so have over 2000 other future Ironmen!  The flight itself was not that exciting, though actually getting on the plane seemed to take forever.  Something about they had to install a new toilet, so we left almost an hour late.  I would be lying if I said this didn't make me nervous.  They didn't tell us what was going on or why we were just standing in line to board but not actually boarding.  I actually began to look up other flights on my phone that would get me here on Thursday night still.  All worked out well and I even got to sit next to a gem of a couple who had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.

Today will be pretty busy with IM business.  Starting the morning with a short ride/run, followed by athlete check-in and all that goes with that.  I'll try to sneak a pre or post lunch nap into the mix before the afternoon activities start including the banquet, athlete briefing and of course sorting out 2 special needs bags and 2 transition bags.  The weather here seems great so far, granted I haven't been here in the middle of the day yet, but from what I hear it could be much worse.

To track me on Sunday (race day!) you can visit ironman.com (ironmanlive.com) for free text updates and 4 live streaming cameras.  The link to track an athlete will show up on Saturday.  I'm bib #75.  More updates and pics to come from Ironman Village, DC Tri Crew, PTS Sports crew, and of course My Crew arriving tonight :)

3 comments: