Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A touch of Inspiration and Smelling the Roses

It's been a little while since I've just written a blog post that didn't have to do with a race recap or heart rate zones.

Thank God for awesome volunteers at the IM finish line!
I was honored to be featured on Gabi's blog at Lean Green Island Girl to kick off her Motivation Monday series.  Wow, what an awesome blog, talented and dedicated athlete, and all around great person.  I've gotten to know Gabi, and her husband, Pablo, over the past year through DC Tri Club.  They have since dove headfirst into Ironman training...for Ironman Louisville 2014.  Louisville holds a special place in my heart because it it also where my first Ironman journey culminated.  I'm so excited to follow their journey to the finish line at 4th Street Live this August!

Sometimes we get so caught up in our own training, goals, and racing that we don't really stop and look around for a moment.  Well Gabi and Pablo, pause for a moment in Louisville, look around you, take it all in, and know that you are doing your Ironman.  I've been knee deep in my own Ironman training and haven't spent much time with friends, old training partners, family, etc.  The odd free time I do get has recently been spent volunteering for triathlon related events such as Peasantman and DC Tri Club training tri's.  These events help keep me grounded and help remind me that I GET to participate, I GET to ride my bike all day on Saturday, I GET to push my legs to see how far I can go and not everyone is lucky enough to have those opportunities.  It gives me a chance to reach out to new triathletes, answer questions, provide tips/tricks, and catch up with other DC Tri people setting their sights on their own goal races.

Aside from triathlon I'm amidst a pretty awesome job change.  Next Wednesday, June 4th, I'll start with Rose Physical Therapy Group in Washington, DC.  I can't say enough great things about this company and my future co-workers.  Along with partnerships with local triathlon and running clubs and support and encouragement for my own career related goals it would be an understatement to say I'm a little excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment